We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to support U.S. Navy operations. This is an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technology that the U.S. Navy has to offer. This role will leverage processes, utilizing ITIL best practices, to ensure the IT organization designs, deploys and sustains high quality, highly available solutions that align with business and IT strategic objectives.
- Network Engineer with a minimum of 7 years of experience which includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as Cisco routers & switches, associated software tools, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Exposure to VPNs, WAN Accelerators, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) desired. Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Experience with secure networks, specifically Intel Community standards a plus. Knowledge of GigE, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, and TCP/IP protocols is necessary. Knowledge of trouble ticketing software such as (HP Service Manager) and networking monitoring/management solutions (HP NNMi/iSPI, HP OM, and HP NA) a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working while WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on military bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with focus on documented activity.
- Secret Clearance Required
- IAT-II: Security+ required
- Operating System Certification CCNP
- ITIL v3 Foundations Preferred