National CPA firm known for best-in-class service, stewardship, independence, seamlessness, and transparency is searching for talented tax professionals at the Senior and Manager levels. We are one of the largest independent tax firms in the United States, providing a wide range of tax, valuation, financial advisory, and related consulting services to individuals, commercial clients, and alternative investment funds. Our team of top advisors have extensive backgrounds in international accounting firms, law firms, IRS, and state taxing authorities. We demonstrate our commitment to our people through programs like our Women’s, Veterans’, and Diversity initiatives, which allow us to maintain both a positive and supportive work environment. We aim to be the benchmark for quality in our industry and serve as the standard by which other firms are measured.
We offer a rewarding career path for exceptional and motivated individuals. From the moment your employment begins, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects that will give you the opportunity to stand out and make a difference. Additionally, due to our favorable Managing Director to Associate ratio, you will receive significant hands-on mentoring from our senior professionals who are invested in your growth and development. We foster an environment based on learning and allow our employees to grow through hands-on work experience, participation in local office and national training programs, and strong mentoring relationships. Through our sustained growth and best-in-class service, we can offer substantial long-term career opportunities and the tools you need to become an emerging leader.
As a member of the Commercial practice, Tax Managers oversee, manage, and complete tax projects; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance for a variety of clients, from fast growing early-stage to large multinational public companies. Managers are involved in the process of marketing, designing, and implementing tax-planning strategies for clients and manage to budget. Managers maintain active communication with clients to ensure satisfaction, meet deadlines, and lead change effectively. Managers conduct primary and secondary review of complex tax returns including federal and state filings as well as provide ASC 740 tax provision support. Managers lead their teams in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows. Managers participate in the professional development of Associates and Senior Associates, which involves supervising, training, mentoring, and evaluating performance.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree required;
- Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred;
- Advanced credential allowing for client representation before the Internal Revenue Service required (i.e. CPA or JD);
- At least 4 years relevant work experience with an accounting firm, including at least 3 years of Corporate Tax experience;
- Leadership and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a natural facilitator;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; and
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel.
- Strong exposure to tax provision experience - ASC 740 required. Prefer experience with large C-Corp compliance and ASC 740 provision work (provision prep, not just audit/review a provision)…