VP of Operations
We have partnered with a world class Global Manufacturer to lead a search for their Vice President of Operations at their Northern Indiana location.
Our client is the WORLD LEADER in their product line and this role will be part of their Sr. Management Team helping lead them from an Operational and Strategic standpoint going forward.
VP of Operations
Location: Northern Indiana area
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in Operations/Plant Leadership in a Manufacturing, Warehouse, Logistics or Assembly environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Solid career progression in leadership roles within manufacturing, warehouse, assembly or logistics.
- Strong analytical, financial and strategic planning capabilities.
- Success requires excellent oral and written communication skills, proven leadership abilities, and a diverse background with strong technical, business and managerial skills.
- Candidates should strongly demonstrate the following competencies: Drive for Results, Innovation, Vision and Strategy, Risk Taking and Initiative and Team Leadership and People Development
- Implement strategic change to increase quality, productivity and employee satisfaction
- Use data to make informed business decisions
- Evaluate performance of the organization in meeting objectives and determine where costs can be reduced, what can be improved and what should be changed
- Confer with staff to discuss issues, coordinate activities or resolve problems
- Take corrective action to solve organizational problems
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other key leaders to ensure execution of department and organizational goals.
- Utilize strong decision-making skills and flexibility in order to drive initiatives and process improvement activities
- Knowledge and demonstrated success in the execution of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills; plus, strong interpersonal and other management skills required to develop and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrate analytical, financial and strategic planning capabilities.
- Effective at connecting with people, communicating effectively and building relationships from employees on production floor to executive level.