Seeking installation, testing, maintenance, inspection, repair, and support and troubleshooting of water-based sprinkler systems and special hazards suppression systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Fire Suppression/Sprinkler System Technician
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting, repairing, and performing design calculations on fire suppression /sprinkler system panels and equipment
- Valid fire suppression/sprinkler technician license certification such as National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems Level II or applicable government recognized license/certification required by contract
- Knowledge of applicable codes required by contract (such as NFPA 25 Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, NFPA 13 Guide for Sprinkler Plan Review, NFPA 170 Standard on Fire Safety Symbols, NFPA 72 Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC), International Building Codes (IBC), and/or applicable British Standard (BS) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards with ability to pass a trade test)
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, instructions, and other technical documentation