This company is a global designer of components, modules and systems for the commercial vehicle, automotive and off-highway markets. They have more than 20 locations in 15 countries. This position is located near Mansfield, OH and provides the opportunity for professional growth for career oriented professionals.
The Product Engineer designs, develops and manages new products/launches for production that will be of high quality, meet cost objectives, and exceed product performance goals while adhering to deadlines. This role will ensure customer satisfaction by interfacing between the division, the customer and the sales and marketing teams.
- Determine product requirements and translate into internal or external product design standards.
- Lead cross functional teams through product development launch process stages.
- Determines and controls Bill of Materials for new product developments.
- Designs to a cost target to meet financial performance expectations.
- Perform cost reduction activities on new designs and existing products.
- Plans and records the results of design and development activities and validation testing.
- Participates in and/or leads Design and Process failure mode and effect analysis.
- Provides product engineering support to both internal manufacturing and external customer activities.
- Initiates and manages engineering change activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other applicable field of Engineering.
- 5+ years technical background preferably automotive manufacturing environment.
- Hands on technical experience and problem solving capability
- Experience in PLC or other machine control systems
- Familiar with injection molding processes
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma
- Project Management experience