Job Summary of the Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
Senior level Software Engineer with strong embedded software development experience in C and C++, along with knowledge of platform software and hardware abstraction layer software, is needed to play a key role in developing information systems by studying operations, designing, developing, and installing software solutions for one of your clients in the Michigan. This client is a globally well known brand for its petrochemical products and in this role you will be responsible for developing software and supporting the software team. If you have solid experience with application software development in C and/or C++ for automotive ECUs, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
- Take direction from the Software Systems Engineering Manager and guide other software developers in the team.
- Design and develop modules of the Battery Management System software.
- Work on code construction, static analysis, unit testing and peer reviews, and ensure proper revision control of all work products.
- Participates in the Software Change Review Board, provide input and analysis and contribute in the decision making process
- Develop high level design documents, leads and support design reviews
- Execute work plans, provide status updates and adjust to changing requirements.
- Track and analyze software requirements changes and convert customer requirements into detailed software requirements and design as needed.
- Support Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts using DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis, ISO-26262 etc.
- Work on troubleshooting of software issues for development and production software releases, including troubleshooting software running on electronics hardware, battery packs and vehicles.
- Ensure proper configuration and revision management of work products.
- Support Software Validation Team in designing appropriate requirements validation.
Qualifications of the Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelors in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Experience in delivering quality automotive embedded software products to market
- 5+ years of experience in developing application software for automotive ECUs using C and/or C++
- Previous experience in debugging software using CAN tools such as Vector CANalyzer and on-chip debuggers such as Lauterbach TRACE32
- Experience in software development and target code generation using Matlab Simulink/Stateflow, RTW highly desirable
- Experience with AUTOSAR, HV battery systems and ISO 262/IEC-61508 is desirable
- Knowledge of platform software and hardware abstraction layer software
- Ability to interface well with internal and external customers
- Experience with structured software design and code development methods such as SPICE/CMMI is preferred
- Experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines such as FMEA, 8D, APQP is preferred
- Experience with Major automotive microprocessors such as Motorola/Freescale, Intel, STMicro will be preferred
Compensation of the Sr. Embedded Software Engineer:
Salary Range: $95,000-110,000/ year, depending on experience
Location: Troy, MI
Travel: As and when required.
Relocation Assistance: No
Visa Sponsorship: No. Must be a US Citizen.
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- Software, Engineer, Embedded, Design, Development, "Battery Management System", code, static, analysis, "unit testing", "revision control", requirement, "design review", Quality, Robust, Reliability, DFMEA, "Fault Tree", ISO, 26262, troubleshooting, automotive, embedded, C, C++, ECU, CAN, Vector, CANalyzer, "on-chip debuggers", Lauterbach, TRACE32, Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, AUTOSAR, SPICE, CMMI, FMEA, 8D, APQP, Motorola, Freescale, Intel, STMicro, RTW, HV, IEC, 61508