Established international company has an opportunity commutable to the east of Columbia, SC for a Materials Planner at their high volume manufacturing facility. In this capacity will be responsible for planning and coordinating the process of purchasing materials from suppliers that are foreign for production throughput. Will coordinate with production planning, plan and forecast the need of materials to meet the orders of the customer. Will aid in the development of procedures and policies in the areas of inventory control and procurement. Will be expected to play a key role in the management of inventory. Suppliers will be communicated with to ensure on time delivery as well as management of the delivery of appropriate quantity levels based on the increase or decrease of customer demand. Best price, quality and reliability must be considered when purchasing products. There is up to a 9% bonus potential as well as 3 weeks of vacation associated with this position.
- Bachelor degree is preferred in business, supply chain, logistics, engineering or other related discipline
- At least 7+ years working in a manufacturing, logistics and or supply chain with a preference for 10 years
- SAP experience is needed
- Must have excellent written, oral, presentation and electronic skills
- Management skills that can be demonstrated are needed
- Prefer lean manufacturing experience
- Prefer strong leadership skills