About our Client
Our client is a leader in brand storytelling, creating innovative environments for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. We design and deliver immersive environments that tell stories, market brands, launch new products, ignite passion for causes and most importantly connect with the targeted audience.
The Director of Production Management & CAD engineering is responsible for creating and implementing the strategic and tactical strategy for the daily operations and long term growth of the Production Management and CAD Engineering departments.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Create and implement a strategic plan that will identify areas of growth and improvement in both departments in order to support the changing needs of corporate sales strategy
- Recruit, select, train, manage and motivate all assigned staff
- Direct the day to day integration of the production management and CAD engineering teams in order to generate a more cohesive production process
- Work with the two department managers identify and modify processes needed to streamline and improve the production process
- Manage and modify the staffing structure of both departments to align with the needs of the Production Services department and corporate sales strategy
- Direct the project assignment process for production managers, department coordinators, CAD detailers and technical design specialists.
- Work directly with the directors of fabrication and account management on strategic planning and coordination between departments with the goal of improving workflow and reducing redundancy and improving efficiency for employees
- Identify and implement programs and initiatives that will reduce waste, improve margins and provide our customers with an improved experience working with the team.
- Define and implement an ongoing employee training program for the production management and CAD engineering teams that’s focuses on the professional growth of managers and staff.
- Develop and proactively manage yearly department budgets.
- Monitor compliance with all necessary safety protocols during the planning and production phases of projects.
- Work with the two department managers and IT identify and implement planning for upgrades to software and hardware necessary for improving department operations
- Working with the Financial Planning and Analysis team create and maintain an ongoing program for the review of cost structures for labor, materials and processes and recommend and implement changes in the estimating system as necessary.
- Participate in strategic planning with other directors and managers as necessary.
- Manage projects, both external and internal as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum 10 years’ management experience directing teams that produce creative temporary environments such as theatre, exhibits, special events, experiential marketing or museums.
- Proven track record of successfully managing employee teams in an extremely high pressure and faced paced working environment.
- Experience with current fabrication techniques for events, exhibits and tradeshows
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks
- Possess well-developed team building and training skills
- Strong ability to resolve problematic situations using analytical strategies and critical thinking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Power Point. Experience with estimating and project management software a plus.\Ability to read and interpret design and technical drawings
- Become proficient in Microsoft AX software for workflow and estimating.
Director will report to the Vice President – Production Services and will work closely with the Director of Fabrication and the Director of Graphics Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g. Finance IT, Operations, Marketing, Fabrication, Graphics, Accounting, HR) and external entities (e.g. a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
In addition to your salary, our client offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k).
Our client is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.
Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k).