Love your job!
Live in a great area that is on the MA/NH border between Boston and Nashua.
Our client, a global leader in energy efficient and sustainable air treatment and climate solutions, is seeking an energetic and pro-active Quality Engineer who will
- be the lead in coordinating efforts of the Controls Engineers and CAD Designers and conduct design reviews as needed to ensure design input, cost, and schedule requirements are met.
- interpret requirements and preliminary system design of a configurable product from Applications Engineers and produce a design output package that can be used on the manufacturing floor to build product
- Size and select purchased components and configurable manufactured items that meet the overall requirements of the system. Some long lead items may have to be advance requisitioned
- Create documentation package(s) and provide support for approval of customer packages.
- Release documentation such as component specifications, system drawings (General Arrangements), Bills of Materials, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Remain aware of regulatory requirements and able to work with Nationally Registered Testing Labs (NRTLs; such as ETL, UL, etc.) when certification file revisions are necessary
- Support Sales and Applications Engineers pursuing business through conference calls and travel
- Focus on continuous improvement to include improving process time, quality, and cost.
- Establish relationships with shop floor personnel to resolve issues during manufacturing.
- more fun and impactful things!
- Ability to work near Haverhill MA without needing to relocate
- BS degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years industry experience in the design of air handling systems that utilize refrigeration systems, gas burners, chilled water, hot water, steam, electric heat, humidifiers and other ancillary systems such as piping and control valves.
- 5+ years managing multiple projects, including development of electro-mechanical systems.
- Self-starter. Motivated, confident and persistent in meeting project goals.
- High mechanical aptitude and expertise with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical components and able to integrate them into a system design.
- Effective in utilizing Microsoft Office. [Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.]
- CAD skills – AutoCad Mechanical, SolidWorks.
- Effective communicator, both externally (customers) and internally (management, colleagues, sales, operations). Capable of clearly communicating system features as they relate to the requirements of the customer.