Flexible hours, competitive pay, new grads welcome to apply
Bilingual - Spanish/English preferred.
JOB SUMMARY: Professional member of home health team who provides speech therapy and audiology services in the client’s home under the directions of a plan of treatment established by a physician. Performance evaluations are performed by peers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting physician to evaluate the client’s ability to communicate, determine specific deficits and recommend corrective therapy.
- Provide input into the development of plan of care.
- Conduct appropriate speech and audiological testing
- Plan, implement and evaluate communications programs.
- Discuss programs/clients progress with physicians.
- Instruct family and health team personnel in methods of speech and language improvements.
- Document initial evaluation and on-going assessment according to Agency procedures.
- Participate in team conferences and discharge planning activities.
- Serve as a member of ad hoc committees.
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures including HIPPA.
- Respect patients’ rights, cultural believes.
- Provides Agency with a required license or certificate and necessary information to be able to verify experience.
- Accepts only those assignments for which she/he is qualified.
- Communicates with Agency about any problems or concerns.
- Complies with state regulatory acts.
- Master degree from a university approved by the American Speech and Hearing Association.
- Has been given a certificate of Clinical Competency in speech pathology or audiology by the American Speech and Hearing Association; or meets the equivalent education requirements and work experience necessary for such certification.
- Or has completed academic and practical requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised work experience require for certification.
- Licensed by the State of Florida
- One year of current Speech therapy experience required.
- Bilingual English and Spanish PLUS