Brief Role Description
The purpose of this role is to lead the company’s efforts to maintain and expand our Mechanical Systems (Direct to store delivery solutions application) product portfolio. Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive sales and profitability of assigned category .
We are looking for a person who has experience in Supply Chain deliver systems.
Our clients Delivery Systems incorporate a powered lift, sled, pallet and the tech to run it all in one kit. With all the forces and stages of delivery accounted for, our system reduces injuries, training costs, product damage and delivery time while increasing driver retention, sustainability and profitability.
MUST be willing to travel 50-70% nationwide.
Have knowledge of manufacturers who needs specialized delivery systems for their products at the store level.
Generous base salary + bonus + car + profit share.
- Develop short and long-term category strategies and tactics to maximize growth and profit, including short term innovation projects and cross-functional work with NPD team on long-term category innovation.
- Collaborate with Sales VP’s on annual and 3 - year strategic plan initiative within the category; Lead all forecasting and budgeting communication in alignment with Sales VP’s.
- Identify opportunities for strategic expansion beyond current categories - including product, services, and experiences that will excite our customers and differentiate us versus the competition.
- Review our and competitive pricing to ensure we are priced competitively within each of the markets that we operate.
- Educate selling teams on trends/insights relevant to future growth and development.
- Provide analytics and insights to support internal business reviews.
- Lead product change projects including value/quality improvement initiatives and line extension product launches in close partnership
- Establish effective relationships and collaboration with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human Capital, Category Management, Customer Service and other Business Units.)
- Identify emerging opportunities that could be valuable to the business.
- Attend tradeshows, seminars and customer meetings as appropriate.
- Provide accurate and timely information on competitive activity and industry conditions to sales management.
- Form sales strategies to keep the company competitive and innovative.
- Continually seek better ways for growing the company’s broad portfolio.
- Mitigate and avoid stagnation in the marketplace.
- Grow portfolio within our customer base.
- Champion our core values.