Client is a global carrier.
The Accounting Policy Manager will assist with technical accounting consultations and research for purposes of interpreting existing policy or developing/implementing new policy. In this role, you'll:
- Conduct research to support the development and resolution of technical accounting consultations on topics
- Prepare written memoranda supporting positions taken and detailing conclusions reached through research and consultative efforts, to be presented to internal stakeholders and external auditors.
- Serve as an informal accounting consultative resource for the Finance
- Monitor developments at key accounting standard setting bodies (principally the IASB and FASB)
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards, working within Finance and across the broader Company as required, including significant upcoming implementations of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts and IFRS 9 Financial
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or
- Minimum of 5-7 years of reinsurance/insurance industry accounting and/or financial reporting experience, or 5-7 years of general accounting experience, with a focus on accounting policy and/or accounting
- CA/CPA or other accounting designation required, with Big Four public accounting experience