A nice opportunity with a 75 year old manufacturer. Attractive location as well as opportunities for career growth for the right engineer.
- Assist with streamlining maintaining engineering change process.
- Coordinate the manufacturing process, provide manufacturing drawings of custom designs, improvement to standard designs, ensure top quality at every step of the process
- Interface between Manufacturing and Engineering for new products and existing product improvements
- Analyze and implement quality programs with procedures that involve testing at various stages of the manufacturing process.
- Performs calculations to support design features and performance; including tolerances, thermal stresses, and shipping loads
- Checks drawings for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluates designs for potential cost savings through the use of alternate materials or labor practices
- Tests finished products for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications
- Evaluate alternate components for improved performance, reliability, and cost savings
Education and experience requirements
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Three years minimum experience in a design engineering role a plus, preferably in a product development and/or manufacturing environment
- HVAC mechanical experience a plus
- Experience with Inventor and Solidworks
- Familiar with sheet metal design
- Knowledge of ANSI Z83.8 standards, manufacturing process and agency requirements such as UL 1995 and CSA2.6.
- Mechanical and electrical design skills and experience
- Proficiency in computer software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills