Director Food Safety and Quality-Livonia MI
Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field, Master's preffered
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Process Controls.
- Ability to lead projects, develop and mentor leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels inside the business and externally with customers and regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate and motivate teams.
- Strong customer, quality and continuous improvement focus.
- Food industry experience and supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Valid passport and driver’s license must be maintained.
- Company travel including overnight stays will be required.
- Provide leadership and guidance on all quality assurance matters as well as product compliance, and ability to make decisions that always protect product safety.
- Acts as the Corporate Quality Practitioner.
- Champion of continuous improvement activities that drive waste and non conformance from the production process.
- Establish, implement and maintain a corporate-wide electronic QMS: Quality Management System
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are fulfilled, while proactively maintaining strong relationships and building trust with agencies and customers.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of all product specifications.
- Position will be responsible for substantially strengthening quality systems, determining the appropriate infrastructure and resources required to achieve business objectives, and to drive change where consensus is not readily achievable.
- Establishes performance goals for product quality and reviews regularly for cause of deviations. Provides guidelines and support for improvements with project-based approaches such as design of experiments, statistical tools, studies and reports to senior management.
- Director will be responsible for leading and developing opportunities for quality team members.