Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and not limited to:
- Perform application engineering work independently and set priorities with knowledge of company goals.
- Design and fabricate fixtures/ work holding for demo’s, test cuts, and turnkeys.
- Define and troubleshoot complex manufacturing/machining processes.
- Conduct time estimates for customer parts with 10% tolerance.
- Use CAPPS conversational programming, industry standard CAM systems, and direct G-Code/ Macro programming to generate CNC programs for parts processing.
- Setup CNC machines with program, tooling, workpiece, and fixtures including 5-axis and mill-turn.
- Inspection of finished parts for quality and accuracy.
- Generate engineering proposals for process and turnkey applications.
- Generate engineering reports and technical documentation.
- Setup and program a CMM (coordinate measuring machine).
- Generate order intake actively consulting customers on their technical needs together with ASM.
- Train customers on equipment after installation.
- BS Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred, and/or machining knowledge.
- 3-7 years related experience.
- Knowledge in part processing, metal cutting, CNC programming, reading drawings, and machine setup.
- Basic understanding of Metallurgy.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience to communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- Proven flexibility with shifting priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week and overtime with advance notice.
- Strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
- Frequent communication with internal technical staff, external customers, and external suppliers .