Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of analytical instrumentation used in R&D Laboratories. Due to promotion, they are backfilling a In-House Service Engineer to be based in their Vernon Hills offices/service center.
- Duties include the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of instruments.
- Managing inventory and reporting for accuracy.
- The preferred candidate will possess a BS degree in Electric or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or another technical discipline, as well as experience in the calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of complex electronic instruments.
- Good communication skills and strong customer service skills are a must for this position.
- Direct experience in the analytical instruments field is a plus.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual that is capable of completing assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
- The ability to work with electronic schematics, test equipment, and tools for repairs is required.
- A valid driver's license and passport are required.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining complex analytical instruments.
What the company offers:
- Salary, profit sharing and low-cost full family benefits package.