Newark, New York
You might be interested in working every weekend and one week day, ten hour shifts and get paid for 40 hours.
Must be available for orientation full-time M-F for 8 weeks.
This position is responsible for direct nursing care. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of nursing care. This RN may also serve as the case manager, which involves the identification of appropriate services, supervision of home health aide staff and ongoing review and evaluation of the utilization of services.
- Systematically and continuously collects and documents opening and/or revisit assessment data regarding the patient and family needs.
- Identifies and prioritizes health problems based on assessments.
- Develops, implements and evaluates multidisciplinary goal directed intervention plans based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
- Manages and coordinates patient care in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate home care services and community support.
- RN's may be assigned as primary nurses with responsibility for all case coordination of patients requiring any other type of care upon approval.
- Assesses the need for home health aide services, establishes the aide activity sheet, supervises and evaluates the aide in the performance of his/her patient care duties.
- Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team member and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of patient discharge plans.
- Documents all patient care and coordinating activities in a timely fashion.
About the Area:
Newark is a town in New York with a population of 9,068. Newark is in Wayne County. Living in Newark offers residents a suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Newark there are a lot of parks. Many families live in Newark and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Newark are above average.
It is just minutes away from NYS Thruway 90, 25 minutes north of Seneca Lake( one of the Greater Finger Lakes), 45 minutes east of Rochester, 2 hours east of Niagara Falls, 4 hours west of Albany.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and valid NYS registered nursing license required. A minimum of 1 year recent acute care experience preferred. IV/Infusion skills may be required. Specialized clinical experience and skills may be required for certain team positions. With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary. Must have ability to travel.
Associates or better in Nursing.
Bachelors or better in Nursing. Nurse, RN or better in Nursing.
Licenses and CertificationsRequired