A Health Care Facility is seeking a MRC / Medical Records Coordinator to work in their Health Information Department.
* WORK SCHEDULE is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
* EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE required: is at least six (6) moths of actual work experience in medical records is required . GED or high school equivalency required.
* JOB TYPE is indefinite TEMPORARY to PERMANENT/DIRECT HIRE, full-time.
* JOB DESCRIPTION:
1.) Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
2.) Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
3.) Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, and other medical personnel as requested.
4.) Release information to patients or agencies according to regulations.
5.) Plan, develop, maintain, or operate a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze information.
6.) Create patient record, obtain and enter patient data, to include demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures, or treatment into electronic medical records system.
7.) Compile and maintain patients' medical records to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research, cost control and care improvement efforts.
8.) Process and prepare business or government forms.
9.) Process patient admission or discharge documents.
10.) Assign the patient to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), using appropriate computer software.
11.) Knowledge of electronic data storage systems (EMR) is a plus but not required.
12.) Sort, file and collate medical records & information, in sequence & accordance with established procedures, to include, but not limited to admission slips, lab. & pathology reports, operative notes, clinic notes, discharge summaries.
13.) Assist in the retrieval and copying of medical information from patient medical records to answer authorized requests in support of patient care activities, patient account settlements and third party sponsorship; document patient records appropriately.
14.) Pick-up and deliver patient medical records to & from designated units and departments as required.
15.) Examine patient medical records for completeness and accuracy ensuring all required information is included.
16.) Refer to appropriate supervisor any incompleteness of required patient information.
17.) Eliminate duplicates and merge patient medical records according to prescribed protocol.
18.) Answer telephone and fulfill requests according to priority.
* BENEFITS: Health care insurance is provided at employee’s expense when hired on a temporary basis. Also offered is direct deposit at no expense to employee and a Simple IRA plan (100% vested from day one at a 3% Employer match). Upon permanent hire basis (retained employee), there are three health care plans to choose from as well as dental and vision plans. Vacation, personal and sick time accrual begins immediately on a bi-weekly basis. Retirement plan provided with employer contribution.
* LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), Low crime and great private and public schools, colleges and universities. August 2013 rated as the BEST LOCATION in the US for the lowest home prices and the BEST US LOCATION to avoid natural disasters.