Long-standing Kansas City company is searching for an application performance engineer. This health care related company has diversified by developing a software application to use in conjunction with their business. This mission critical role will be responsible for configuring and deploying Application Performance Management tools such as, DynaTrace, IntroScope, TeaLeaf, OpTier, Splunk, Solarwinds, SCOM or similar tools
- Serve as a subject matter expert on APM tools.
- Work with development teams to resolve performance issues.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of application performance testing.
- Work with our application architects, product managers, development engineers, and operations analysts in improving systems performance
- Plan, support, create and implement system monitoring that will drive to improve the performance and reliability of internal / external integrations.
- Analyze system performance results, diagnose performance problems, and work with application teams to develop action plans based off of performance testing results and performance monitoring data to meet and continuously improve the performance of platforms and internal / external integrations.
- Effectively collaborate with business team members to answer questions and clarify expectations around requirements and delivery of functionality.
- Responsible for ensuring non-functional requirements for performance (such as throughput, latency, memory usage, etc.) are identified, implemented and met.
- Design, develop and execute overall automated Performance Test Plans to continuously validate load, stability, scalability, and reliability standards of the application are achieved.
- Create and maintain metrics and reports that describe performance issues and possible root causes.
- Coordinate with other testing teams to resolve test problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Design and execute performance and load tests.
- Automate performance and load test scripts/scenarios.
- Develop models for performance testing based on software activity.
- Identify and report performance bottlenecks.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience with on-premises infrastructure and applications, cloud hosted Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines and data services.
- 3 years of experience on administration of Experience Monitoring/ Full Stack monitoring tools and on-boarding complex applications to enterprise APM tools
- 4 years of experience with .Net and Java / Java Web Services RESTful (primary), WSDL, XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls
- 3 years of experience with Cloud-based load testing