Assistant HR Manager
The Assistant Human Resources Manager will maintain a positive associate relations work environment and direct the staffing, orientation, retention, payroll, legal compliance, and department business planning activities – all consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal opportunity and diversity.
- Act as a liaison in litigation matters with outside legal counsel including investigative activities and submission of required information to support the Company’s position.
- Manage the Company’s full-time and temporary associate staffing programs for timely and quality filling of position openings.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and complete employment records.
- Assist in development of company policy / procedure and its compliance.
- Prepare department business plan (BP) and required monthly, quarterly and annual BP reports for posting and BOD review.
- Evaluate department goal results and prepare detailed analyses / explanation for review.
- Oversee manpower plan v. actual for facility.
- Oversee unemployment compensation claim process, QEMS / Corporate Governance / J-SOX / SQCD compliance, new associate orientation, job posting, payroll function, HRIS utilization, staff and career development, employment records (i.e. privacy), maintenance of training records, coaching and counseling actions (i.e. fairness / consistency.)
- Keep abreast of legislation affecting employment practices.
- Review and approve standard associate counseling’s prior to issue.
- Assist supervision in suspension / separation actions.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent.
- Three (3+) years of experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and statues.
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities within all levels of the Company.
- Strong management and organizational abilities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of Human Resources work.