The Service Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of in-house and field service and support activities in the Western Region (west coast and inter-mountain west). The Service Manager manages a team of highly skilled degreed technicians who troubleshoot, repair and calibrate bench top analytical instrumentation used in R&D Labs.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required in electrical, mechanical or chemical engineering, physics or related field.
- Manages a team of Service Engineers. Interviews, makes hiring and firing recommendations, develops staff, assigns and schedules work, and appraises performance.
- Recommends Service Engineer salaries.
- Ensures that Service Engineers are properly trained and their skills are continually being advanced. Conducts staff training as appropriate.
- Maintains adherence to service department policies and procedures in accordance with corporate and industry safety and quality standards, and ISO17025 requirements.
- Compiles and maintains operational records, such as repair time records, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
- Reports product failure trends and/or product weaknesses to the appropriate product groups.
- Maintains proper systems to monitor performance of Service Engineers by calculating MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), MTTR (Mean Time To Repair), revenue per head, profit margins, etc. via SAP software and Excel macros.
- Responsible for oversight in the identification and routine calibration of test equipment (required for ISO/IEC 17025 calibrations).
- 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- 3 years of experience working in a technical services environment.
- Attends mandatory in-house technical training courses each year to stay current on new developments in the field. Certificates are awarded upon satisfactory completion of each program.
- Advanced knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Skill in using electronic schematics, electronic testing equipment and repair tools in order to assist and support service engineers.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Our client offers a unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service organization. They offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits package that starts on day one
- Opportunity for professional growth within the organization