QC Chemist (Weekend Night Shift Fri/Sat/Sun 6pm-6am)
Our manufacturing client is looking to add a QC Chemist to their weekend night shift in the Waterloo, IA area. This Chemist will perform required quality control analysis of incoming, manufacturing and outgoing material with authority to make acceptance, production adjustments and/or rejection decisions.
- Record and maintain analysis/records accurately.
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control checks, solution preparations and solution standardizations.
- Provide technical support and assistance to operations/production regarding manufacturing adjustment of non-conforming materials and quality issues.
- Initiate corrective actions on identified non-capable procedures or practices.
- Communicate to supervisor concerns about standard laboratory procedures, operational problems and quality trends.
- Promote complete customer satisfaction through quality and service to both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Technical Science degree required. (will consider new 2019 grads with technical degree)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Proficiency in computer skills and good working knowledge with all MS Office Applications.
- Must be willing to work the Night Weekend shift which consists of Friday/Saturday/Sunday 6pm-6am.
- Retirement plans (401k, Pension and Profit Sharing)
- Shift differential pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
QC Chemist, operation, production, chemistry, science