- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription. Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence
- Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants. Complies with company protocol for patient rounding
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patient’s progress; providing medically necessary treatment plan and modifications
- Manage the appropriate therapy minutes for patients based on individual clinical needs; Participates in the Q & A process for rehab related issues. Accuracy in completion of MDS or OASIS items per workflow model
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing patient specific maintenance programs; instructing patients, families and/or caregivers in follow-up maintenance programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per corporate procedures. Documentation will be completed using a company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to treatment location infection control policies and protocols and keeping information confidential per company and federal requirements. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with treatment location and department procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by complying with company procedures and following manufacturer’s instructions
- Provides services in multiple settings (including skilled nursing, assisted living, patient homes, and outpatient) as determined by supervisor and patient/resident need including community based services such as home health and wellness activities as required
Occupational Therapist - Home Health
Performs evaluations and develops effective patient treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of patient function, by planning and administering medically prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and professional standards governing the treatment location.
- Graduate from Occupational Therapy program
- Current license as a Occupational Therapist in the state of practice
- Must meet Clinical Competency requirements
- Current CPR certification, preferred
- Ability to travel within 50 minutes of your assigned primary building(s) as needed.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance