Business Development Manager- Analytical Chemistry Services
A highly specialized agrochemical contract research organization focusing on GLP regulatory chemical services is looking for an expanded role within Business Development. Their extensive experience includes managing large study programs, field study, and understanding regulatory needs at the state, national, and international level. They boast the latest and most sensitive analytical instruments and a long-standing international presence.
Medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, company-paid short term and long term disability coverage, retirement savings with generous company match, paid holidays and vacation time.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Developing new clients and market within Agrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Specialty chemical, Natural products, Cosmetics, and other allied industries.
- Generation of leads/Identifying sales opportunities with new and current clients.
- Networking at various conferences and exhibitions to generate new connections.
- Market Research, Networking, Benchmarking and Tracking competitor’s activities.
- Travel (12-15 days/per month) for meeting clients both new clients and maintaining the relationship with existing clients.
- Generating new leads and contacts through various networking and technology solutions in addition to relationship building.
- Execution of the Sales strategy with strong follow-up.
- Execution of complete flow of business activities i.e. receipt of inquiry to the booking of business through Salesforce.
- Key Account Management for existing and new clients.
- Effective communication and management of sponsor’s concerns, in a timely manner as well as strengthening the relationship.
- Provide feedback to the management on the Market Watch for new services, Strategic Alliance, broaden Service basket for meeting the upcoming regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the generation of management reports providing the relevant inputs.
- Budgeting process and setting targets/goals by providing past data to facilitate analysis and setting up sales targets for the upcoming fiscal year and defining an execution plan for achieving the targets.
- BS or MS from an accredited college/university or has comparable industrial credentials.
- 3-10 years experience in a similar sales and business development role in scientific analytical services
- Basic understanding and knowledge about the regulatory needs of the above industries for submissions to USFDA, USEPA, etc. regulators.
- Basic understanding of various service areas of a CRO including Toxicology, Chemistry, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Fate and Metabolism, Genotoxicity, etc.
- Candidate must also have keen attention to details, be proficient in MS Office with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and support a flexible workload is mandatory. Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills are required.