Corporate Controller - Food and Beverage Industries
We are currently seeking a Corporate Controller the Henderson, KY area
Looking for senior level financial leadership experience in the Food and Beverage production industries. In this role, you’ll be in a unique position with visibility to the entire organization. You will provide Controller and Financial Leadership oversight and experience and provide support and assistance to Corporate Management and Plant Management Groups.This position will be responsible for cross functional Controller duties and providing lean and process improvement initiatives to be used in improving and driving company objectives. Experience in Food and Beverage production manufacturing is preferred with strong understanding of production and packaging methods, warehousing, supply chain and delivery methods and understanding and experience with USDA regulations and compliance.
- The Controller is accountable for the administrative and financial operations of the company, including such areas as financial planning and analysis, accounting, treasury and cash management, internal controls, payroll, contract administration, insurance coverage's and other activities for the company.
- This position requires strong interpersonal, relationship and influencing skills to complement an entrepreneurial, opportunity driven culture which enhances financial planning, analysis and controls.
- Provide expert financial input on a variety of subjects and to a wide variety of disciplines to assist in the general business planning and execution of business activities of the Company, serving as a trusted, valued and available business partner to other leaders
- Develop tools and systems to measure financial and operational information
- Provide analytical insight into key metrics and their impact to the business
- Build financial models and improve existing analytical tools
- Drive change and create synergies
- Experience as a strategic leader and have the skills to drive company forward; help the company grow; works on business proposals, deals, contacts, acquisitions – etc
- Manage all aspects of Accounting including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and the monthly closing process.
- Lead all finance functions, including treasury, tax, audit and information requirements for the Board.
- Serve as a principal financial liaison to legal counsel to ensure all contracts and agreements are prepared in accordance with financial goals and standards.
- Maintain and improve internal controls and financial procedures, and coordinate annual financial audits and preparation of all tax returns and documentation.
- Safeguard the Company’s assets and oversee the financial systems and routines to strengthen the internal controls
- Hire, train and mentor a high performing team
- Serve as a key member of the Executive Management team that operates within the overall objectives and budgets of the Company
- Serve as USDA safety, compliance, regulations and audit advisor and leader
Education & Credentials
- BS Degree in Accounting / Finance
- At least 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years of management experience in Food and Beverage manufacturing preferred
- Prior executive Finance experience with a larger regional Food and Beverage manufacturing company with a strong operational focus
- Strategic leadership experience to drive change and ability to work with all internal and external business partners
- Strong experience in standard cost, inventory control, scrap accounting and plant financial analysis
- Strong experience in inventory product flow, supply chain and logistics, warehousing and distribution and delivery system models in food and beverage industry
- Experience with management of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Experience with USDA compliance, regulations and audits
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts desired
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated abilities to streamline processes and reduce costs
- Larger ERP systems experience
- Strong experience with financial reporting, month end close and internal controls
- Strong management and staff development experience
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
Relocation assistance available.
Should you meet the requirements listed above, please submit your confidential resume for this Corporate Controller position.