Why is our client a great place to consider working? Our client facility has been awarded an "A" from The Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2018 Hospital Safety Grade. This designation recognizes their efforts in protecting patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the United States.
The Leapfrog Group is a national organization committed to improving health care quality and safety for consumers and purchasers. The Safety Grade assigns grades to hospitals across the country based on their performance in preventing medical errors, infections and other harms among patients in their care.
*Good to know if you are looking to step into a role with a successful track record in preventing infections!
Here is what we are looking for in a qualified candidate:
- Requires a current RN license with BSN preferred, OR Masters in Public Health (MPH), OR certified medical technologist, OR a bachelor's degree in microbiology or epidemiology.
- Must be involved in creating infection prevention control programs
- 2-3 years clinical experience in a hospital setting or disease surveillance experience in a public health setting.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC), HOWEVER, if you do not have this, it MUST be obtained within 2 years of hire.
- Training: MT(ASCP) Registry
- Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course or equivalent desired.
- Computer skills, research and basic statistical is preferred.
Our client offers excellent benefits! Some of which include the following:
- You are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage after 30 days
- You are 100 percent vested in matching contributions after 3 years. Our client matches 100 percent of the first 5 percent you elect to contribute.A Roth 401(k) feature is also available
- Flexible paid time off for personal time, holidays, vacation and incidental sick leave. Accrual earned based on length of service and actual hours worked. Accrual begins upon employment; use after 30 days of employment for qualified events.
- Educational assistance eligibility after 180 days of employment: Maximum assistance of $3,000 per year ($5,250 for BSN/MSN degrees). Award will be granted based on budgeted hours worked per week
- Free parking
- SALARY IS BASED ON YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
What is great about the area? So much!Not far from Washington DC and a train ride away from Baltimore, MD. The county our client is located in offers a magnet Housing program which included those in the healthcare industry. This program provides attractive, well-located, affordable RENTAL housing. (We can provide you with detailed info on this should you meet the qualifications of the job and if you are not already living in the area.)
What you can expect from the role:
The infection control practitioner plans, develops, directs, implements and evaluates infection prevention within a hospital or health care facility. This position is supervised by the director of nursing and serves to instruct personnel in proper infection control procedure. The infection control practitioner investigates infection control problems and arranges follow-up care for patients exposed to infectious diseases.
Our ideal candidate is a highly energetic individual with the desire to develop and implement infection control training programs. The successful candidate is one able to plan and conduct training seminars and exercises with a working knowledge of nursing practice and theory. The infection control practitioner possesses excellent written, interpersonal, time management and presentation skills with flexibility to meet a wide range of service needs.
To learn more about this great opportunity and health system, please email us your resume along with the best days and times to reach you.
Please email us your resume along with salary requirements should you meet the requirements of the role.