The Cost Accountant has primary responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day integrity of financial information, month/year end close processes, and general ledger reconciliations associated with inventory assets.
Production Cost Accounting:
- Oversight of inventory at multiple locations, to ensure accurate and timely valuation and completion of transactional activities.
- Oversight of vineyard and harvest activities at multiple locations, to ensure accurate costing and timely completion of transactional activities.
- Perform costing of monthly bottled inventory.
- Assist in accounting participation in physical inventory count activities.
- Assist with invoice approval and coding, including grape payments, bulk wine purchases, grape assessments, freight etc.
- Assist with acquisition accounting for all inventory components of acquisition transactions, as needed.
- Assist with third party contract production customer oversight and related invoicing activities, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
General Ledger and Reporting:
- Ensure monthly journal entries are prepared and posted to the general ledger timely and accurately for inventory.
- Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations timely.
- Assist with preparation of accurate and timely reports and other interim schedules as needed to meet both internal and external reporting requirements.
We are searching for a Cost Accountant to join a large, vertically integrated wine producer in the Sonoma region who has experience significant growth due to multiple acquisitions in the last 3-5 years.
Reporting to the Director of Inventory and Cost Accounting, this role is responsible for production cost accounting activities across multiple locations. This hands-on role will also provide financial support to all functional areas of the business and requires excellent communication skills along with a strong understanding of costing within a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience, preferably in the wine industry
- Manufacturing costing background is highly desirable
- ERP system experience – Navision preferred but not required
- Strong computer/technical and analytical skills required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and team members
- Demonstrated ability to lead and to interact effectively with management, production, and other departments as well as outside agencies and vendors
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize within a dynamic environment