This is an on-shift position that supports the Shift Lead and Operator Technician I in all aspects of the operation of the facility. Primarily in working in the water treatment system processes.
Reports to: Shift Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In coordination with plant staff and under the direction of the Shift Lead:
• Responsible for seeing that all safety rules and procedures are followed on his/her shift.
• Responsible to support the safe start up, operation, shutdown, abnormal operations, emergency operations, troubleshooting and associated aspects of a combined cycle facility.
• Operates plant water treatment, cycle chemistry and waste water systems to support the ongoing needs of the facility.
• Responsible for writing and maintaining equipment logs, operational logs, work requests, safety documentation and other reports as required in a neat and professional manner.
• Reads, understands and responds to written instructions, operating orders and logbook notations.
• Perform environmental, safety, equipment, system checks, rounds and surveillance to ensure reliable and continual operation of the facility.
• Performs water chemistry sampling, testing, analysis and reporting.
• Performs or supports chemical deliveries and offloads.
• Performs routine and preventative maintenance when plant conditions allow, and assists maintenance personnel in maintenance and repairs.
• Work call-outs as required to maintain Plant availability.
• Evaluates operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommends improvements and modifications.
• Participate in the ongoing development, improvement and revision of applicable policies, standards and procedures as assigned.
• Responsible to complete assigned safety, administrative, technical or other training as required in a timely matter.
• Perform other duties and administrative tasks as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general expectations considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
1. At least two years of experience in water system processes or a combination of education and experience in related fields.
2. Must be able to learn to read, understand and interpret technical documents such as P&ID’s, electrical one-lines, basic logic diagrams, and technical manuals.
3. Strong aptitude in math, mechanical/electrical ability and production control.
4. Ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts and overtime.
5. Skill in communicating effectively.
6. Experience with computer software programs such as MS word, Excel, Power Point and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is desired.
7. Must have the manual dexterity to climb ladders / stairs, reach and operate manual and automatic valves, breakers or other devices. Twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; talk, see and hear with sufficient acuity to successfully perform all aspects of the job; perform simple grasping or fine manipulation; use telephone, computer or communicate through written means. Must be able to safely lift up to 50lbs from floor to standing position. Must have the ability to operate motorized equipment such as forklifts, boom supported aerial lifts, snow removal or other equipment as trained and assigned. Must be able to safely work in inclement weather conditions.