National CPA firm known for best-in-class service, stewardship, independence, seamlessness, and transparency is searching for talented tax professionals at the Senior and Manager levels. We are one of the largest independent tax firms in the United States, providing a wide range of tax, valuation, financial advisory, and related consulting services to individuals, commercial clients, and alternative investment funds. Our team of top advisors have extensive backgrounds in international accounting firms, law firms, IRS, and state taxing authorities. We demonstrate our commitment to our people through programs like our Women’s, Veterans’, and Diversity initiatives, which allow us to maintain both a positive and supportive work environment. We aim to be the benchmark for quality in our industry and serve as the standard by which other firms are measured.
We offer a rewarding career path for exceptional and motivated individuals. From the moment your employment begins, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects that will give you the opportunity to stand out and make a difference. Additionally, due to our favorable Managing Director to Associate ratio, you will receive significant hands-on mentoring from our senior professionals who are invested in your growth and development. We foster an environment based on learning and allow our employees to grow through hands-on work experience, participation in local office and national training programs, and strong mentoring relationships. Through our sustained growth and best-in-class service, we can offer substantial long-term career opportunities and the tools you need to become an emerging leader.
Corporate Tax Senior Associates serve as members of various client service teams. Senior Associates must possess strong technical knowledge of corporate and partnership tax planning, consulting and compliance. In addition to the preparation and review of tax returns, Senior Associates participate in the tax planning and consultation process for clients. Senior Associates regularly communicate with clients and managers, maintain strong written and oral presentation skills, conduct research on various client issues, and mentor Associates and Interns.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree required; Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred;
- A minimum GPA of 3.0;
- CPA or JD advanced credential strongly preferred;
- At least 2 years relevant work experience with an accounting firm;
- Strong leadership, multitasking and organizational skills;
- Initiative to seek out opportunities in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to interact with, and gain respect of, all levels of internal and client personnel;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel and tax preparation software; and
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong exposure to tax provision experience - ASC 740 required. Prefer experience with large C-Corp compliance and ASC 740 provision work (provision prep, not just audit/review a provision)…