LOVE YOUR JOB!
Live in an area famed for its high quality of life and low cost of living.Our client, a Fortune 500 manufacturing client company is seeking an experienced MRO Procurement Supervisor (Indirect Buy) to buy goods and services necessary for the business, and act as team lead in the Maintenance Parts storeroom.
Oversee and Manage MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operations ) and Indirect Activities Related to Supply Chain.
Improve Operational Service & Delivery
• Develop profitable purchasing and sourcing strategies.
• Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers.
• Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics.
• Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts.
• Review supplies to ensure quality.
• Monitor stock levels
• Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.).
• Keep updated records.
• Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends.
Full knowledge of cost structure, data analysis, landed cost model, financial health analysis.
Experience switching commodity and contracts.
Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role.
Experience reviewing and reading blueprint specs.
Familiarity with Manufacturing Maintenance parts and tools.
• Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
• Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices.
• Working knowledge of SAP, MS Office, and purchasing software (e.g. SpendMap).
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• BS/BA in business administration or relevant field; APICS considered a plus.
• Compliance used in a transactional setting is preferred.
MUST HAVE: 3-5-years' experience in Procurement, Sourcing, or Manufacturing roles.