* COMPENSATION is $17.00 per hour and up to $21.00 per hour for Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN
* WORK SCHEDULE for the Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Forty (40) hours per week.
* LICENSE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE required of the Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN is high school diploma or equivalent. Current LPN license. CPR.
* JOB TYPE is Contingent to Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time.
* Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Phlebotomy experience (160 or more human draws) not required but is a plus.
* Have a working knowledge of medical terms and how they relate to the anatomy of the body.
* Prepare patients emotionally and physically for examination.
* Be able to prepare a patient's chart and have a working knowledge of the legal do's and dont's in charting patient information.
* Interview patient and record information in the patient's chart.
* Have a working knowledge of phone triage.
** Perform asepsis procedures in applying bandage and tape to minor wounds.
* Measure vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height and record the results.
* Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patient.
* Assist in the application, adjustment & removal of casts.
* Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
* Have a working knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations concerning Universal Precautions. Be able to perform proper procedures to protect against transmitting or contracting diseases.
* Be aware of Patient's Right's, HIPAA , HAZCOM procedures, and National Patient Safety goals (JCAHO).
* Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments.
* BENEFITS: Blue Cross & Blue Shield Excellus health care insurance is provided at employee’s expense when hired on a temporary basis. Weekly pay periods are available as well as direct deposit at no expense to employee and a Simple IRA plan (100% vested from day one at a 3% Employer match). Upon permanent hire basis (retained employee), there are three health care plans to choose from as well as dental and vision plans. Vacation, personal and sick time accrual begins immediately on a biweekly basis. Retirement plan provided with employer contribution.
* LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), Low crime and great private and public schools, colleges and universities. Atlantic News (August 2013) rated Syracuse number #1 as the BEST LOCATION in the U.S. for the lowest home prices and the SAFEST METRO AREA in the United States to avoid natural disasters.
CALL for more INFORMATION.
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.