A Private Medical Laboratory is seeking a full-time CMT / Certified Medical Technologist to add to its medical laboratory team.
* COMPENSATION ranges from $22.60 per hour ($47,000.00 per year) to $26.00 per hour ($54,000.00 per year) (BOE) Based on Experience.
* WORK SCHEDULE is Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm week DAYS ONLY.
No weekends. No holidays. No nights.
* LICENSE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE required is a Bachelor of Science Degree in MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY. ASCP preferred. NYS LICENSE required.
* JOB DESCRIPTION: (Other duties may be assigned):
* Phlebotomy experience (160 or more human draws) not required but is a plus.
* Provide accurate testing to include: Blood counts, CBCs, immunology, hematology (including assisting bone marrow room, manual differential, running analyzers). Coagulation, urinalysis, immunoassay, **STRONGHOLD IN CHEMISTRY. No toxicology.
* Must be able to work autonomously
* Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
* Study blood cells, their numbers, and morphology.
* Perform blood group, type, and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes.
* Analyze test results and enter findings in computer.
* Perform quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
* Engage in medical research under direction of chief medical technologist.
* perform routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
* Verify instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
* Record on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
* Train and supervise students as requested by supervisor.
* BENEFITS: Health care insurance is provided at employee’s expense when hired on a temporary basis. Also offered is direct deposit at no expense to employee and a Simple IRA plan (100% vested from day one at a 3% Employer match). Upon permanent hire basis (retained employee), there are three health care plans to choose from as well as dental and vision plans. Vacation, personal and sick time accrual begins immediately on a bi-weekly basis. Retirement plan provided with employer contribution.
* LOCATED in Central New York State, approximately 20 MILES of the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH)in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), low crime and great schools, colleges and universities and a local international airport.