A MEDICAL ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK (Health Care Services Payment Posting Clerk) (full-time) is needed for a PRIVATE MEDICAL OFFICE in Syracuse, NY.
* COMPENSATION based on experience.
* WORK SCHEDULE is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
* EXPERIENCE of a minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care setting. Must possess strong medical billing knowledge along with medical bookkeeping and account receivable experience which is mandatory.
* JOB DESCRIPTION:
1.) Knowledge of all medical billing procedures
2.) Knowledge of follow-up, correspondence, denials & EOB experience (Explanation of Benefits) with all carriers.
3.) Familiarity with commercial insurances, especially Medicare
4.) Understanding and use of E&M codes (evaluation & management), electronic claim processing and correction of EDI edits (Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for Medicare Fee For Services)
5.) Setup payment plan with patients
6.) Post payments (checks) to patients accounts utilizing the electronic medical records system.
7.) Confirm patient health acre coverage with insurance carrier.
8.) Phone patients and insurance companies for status of reimbursements.
* JOB TYPE is Temporary to Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time.
* BENEFITS: Health care insurance is provided at employee’s expense when hired on a temporary basis. Also offered is direct deposit at no expense to employee and a Simple IRA plan (100% vested from day one at a 3% Employer match). Upon permanent hire basis (retained employee), there are three health care plans to choose from as well as dental and vision plans. Vacation, personal and sick time accrual begins immediately on a bi-weekly basis. Retirement plan provided with employer contribution.
* LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), Low crime and great private and public schools, colleges and universities. August 2013 rated as the BEST LOCATION in the US for the lowest home prices and the BEST US LOCATION to avoid natural disasters.