Pediatric Practice needs to add a LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE to its nursing staff immediately.
Previous Pediatric or Family Care experience as a LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE is required.
* SALARY is $45,800.00 per year.
* JOB TYPE is Contingent to Permanent (Retained Employee), Full-time
* LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE WORK SCHEDULE: Flex schedule. Monday through Friday, between 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Thirty (30) hour work week. One hour lunch break daily.
* LICENSE and EDUCATION Current CPR, NY LPN license. Graduate of an accredited LPN program. High school diploma or equivalent. Previous medical office LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE experience is a plus but not required.
* JOB DESCRIPTION for the LPN / LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE:
* Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patient.
* Prepare patients emotionally and physically for examination.
* Interview patient and properly record information in the patients charts.
* Measure vital signs such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height and record the results.
* Utilize experience and ability to administer injections & vaccines.
* Perform throat cultures and respiratory/asthma treatments.
* Competently perform phone triage.
* Call in prescriptions.
* Inventory and order medical supplies and materials.
* Have a working knowledge of medical terms and how they relate to the anatomy of the body.
* Be able to perform routine laboratory tests (predominantly urinalysis).
* Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments.
* Be able to prepare a patient's chart and have a working knowledge of the legal do's and dont's in charting patient information.
* Perform asepsis procedures in applying bandage and tape to minor wounds.
* Have a working knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations concerning Universal Precautions. Be able to perform proper procedures to protect against transmitting or contracting diseases.
* Be aware of Patients Rights, HIPAA, Hazcom Procedures, and National Patient Safety Goals (JCAHO).
* LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), Low crime and great private and public schools, colleges and universities. Atlantic News (August 2013) rated Syracuse number #1 as the BEST LOCATION in the U.S. for the lowest home prices and the SAFEST METRO AREA in the United States to avoid natural disasters.
CALL for more INFORMATION.
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.