A multi-national packaging company is looking for an experienced Quality and Process Improvement Manager for their operations near Santa Fe Springs, CA. This is a new position which will recommend improvements, participate in establishing and implementing goals/objectives, and serve as a resource to the Management Team. You will also be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the quality plan that complies with ISO 9001/FSC/SFI/GMP. Plus ensure quality system is effective, and arrange periodic internal quality audits as well as maintaining continual improvements are in place.
- Formulates business strategies, plans and budgets for the department.
- Monitors department performance to ensure that the goals are achieved.
- Supports Management Team in developing/implementing the quality system.
- Ensures that quality system is in accordance with ISO 9001/FSC/SFI/GMP
- Schedules and assigns internal quality audits and maintains its records.
- Designs and implements quality process training programs.
- Investigates customer complaints and assists in resolving the issue.
- Ensures the timely completion of reports, records and documentation.
- Maintains communications with customers, suppliers & outside auditors.
- Ensures and monitors proactively supplier requirements by ISO standards
- Advises the GM of any concerns regarding department performance/processes.
- Defines KPIs for the Quality Assurance Department and ensure delivery.
- Oversees that cross training takes place among the team
- Strive for best in class Quality function within the Industry.
- Keep up to date on new developments and foster development among the team
- English, Spanish (preferable)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business related field (i.e. manufacturing industry) preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in TQM, ISO, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Process Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of ANSI/ISO/SFI/FSC/GMP; Quality Management Systems
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy, with the ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate & develop both senior and junior level staff
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to define problems, collect data/facts and draw reasonable conclusions
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions
- Able to provide and communicate sound information to Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel)
- Self-motivated and committed individual, strong work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills, methodical approach and commercial acumen
- Annual Salary $80k - $90k (depending on experience)
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision package
- 401k with company matching
- Paid Holidays – Paid Vacation
- Educational Assistance
Because our client is concerned about commute distances, resumes that do not include city, state AND zip code will not be considered for this position.