Designs mechanical systems for Industrial Machines by developing and testing specifications and methods.
· Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
· Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
· Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
· Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
· Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
· Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
· Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
· Maintains system and product data base by writing computer programs and entering data.
· Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Equipment Maintenance, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge