Multinational, publicly traded Food and Beverage Company, based in the greater Chicago, IL area is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to lead and manage two local manufacturing facilities near Kaneville, IL. This is a significant and well-supported initiative offering a unique opportunity to make an impact on the organization.
Requirements to be met for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Engineering/Science or directly related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing Environmental, Health and Safety programs for two or more production plants, 7 years experience preferred.
- Experience supporting union production plants.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations: LOTO, machine guarding, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.
- Strong knowledge of EPA regulations: wastewater, storm water, air permits and RCRA.
- Comfortable splitting time (50/50) between two facilities near Kaneville, IL. Overnight accommodations available!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementing, managing and executing tasks related to EHS programs and compliance for 2 manufacturing plants in Illinois
- Working collaboratively with site and corporate resource in support of EHS; planning, training, permitting, etc.
- Driving culture change, engaging all employees in compliance, building rapport on the plants floor, influencing leadership on the path to improving compliance performance.
- Lead sustainability program
- Audit processes and systems for compliance and continuous improvement opportunities
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.
If you meet the requirements for this position and would like to learn more, please contact me to discuss further.