Java Developer manages application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Java Developers design, develop and deliver high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
Java Developer Essential Functions:
The ideal candidate must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Analyze and evaluate our client’s computer systems capabilities to understand strengths and weaknesses for the identification of opportunities for system improvement.
- Identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Participate in the estimation of costs for the planning of new systems/enhancements for assigned systems.
- Identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems as needed. Gather data to support recommendations to address problems. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Research and analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals, and recommend technologies to improve system performance.
- Analyze, design, and coordinate implementation and deployment of simple to moderate complex systems and environments.
- Integrate, design, and coordinate platforms for projects.
- Install software and configure system environments for DEV, QA, Staging and Production.
- Provide data input and perform system load and performance testing, analyze data flow to find system bottleneck and suggest improvement of system’s performance and efficiency.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Integrate and maintain Release Management Tool and Build Management Tool for CI/CD, Create and manage application release schedules.
- Write documents and instruction manuals for applications and provide training for end users.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Strong background in Java.
- Strong background with SQL Server and experienced in database design and writing complex queries.
- Experienced in writing Webservices using standard Java frameworks.
- Experienced in user interface development including HTML, CSS, JSON
- Experienced in Asynchronous programming.
- Experienced in writing unit test cases for both client and server using Junit and/or Selenium.
- Experienced in any of the Git code repository GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket.
- Experienced in Maven/Gradle build management tools and writing automated build scripts.
- Experienced in Jenkins Release Management tool and write scripts that can integrate with Git Repository, build management tools and servers.
- Knowledge on SDLC process.
- Knowledge on any Cloud Infrastructure as a service platform.
- Knowledge on Security scanning.
- Knowledge on Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment process.
- Knowledge on JIRA for task execution.
- Solid understanding of Object oriented design concepts.