Manufacturing Engineer responsible for design and plan of process flow for assembly, fabrication and material handling. Waste elimination and cost reduction through continuous improvement. Lean Manufacturing principles. Project management with implementation of new equipment. process improvements. Supply chain logistics. Daily technical support to the manufacturing line.
- 4 Year degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Ability to work with minimal direct guidance or direction from others
- Create process continuous improvement through use of statistical metrics.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and incorporating new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Six Sigma or other problem solving methodology experience a plus
- Solidworks experience is a plus.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with production employees, peers and manufacturing supervision.
- Supervision of hourly personnel on a periodic, as needed basis is required.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods. Recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Assist in driving the development / deployment Quality Management System (ISO9000).