The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Position will be responsible for developing manufacturing solutions for both new and existing product families, enhancing existing processes and providing guidance to achieve customer and manufacturing goals. Will provide technical direction over the development of process/equipment projects to achieve desired manufacturing enhancements, includes planning, scheduling, coordination and execution of business plans. This position requires a hands on attitude, technical innovation/skill in the areas of process design, analysis, development, and testing of manufacturing solutions.
- Prepares project plans including technical objectives and approaches, schedule plans, project cost estimates, and product application cost analyses.
- Directs and coordinates all work by support personnel and outside groups involving design, development, prototype construction, and test/evaluation of trials. Works closely with project groups to ensure smooth transition to production via clearly defined strategies.
- Counsels and trains less senior engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required.
- Maintains project records and prepares technical, cost, and other reports to show project progress as required.
- Contributes sound professional advice, concepts, and approaches to new product/process design, and manufacturing.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies, finished and raw materials relative to the reinforced thermoset composite industry.
- Regularly consult senior management regarding manufacturing technologies and advise on strategy of deployment.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Reviews processes and develops solutions to increase productivity, eliminate variation, or reduce costs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 7 years of steadily increasing experience.
- Possesses a high level of technical and management skills necessary to complete projects across varied products, processes, and locales.
- The ability to direct the activities of other support personnel to meet project objectives.
- Experience with thermoset reinforced composites would be a plus.