Ready for a challenge that will require your experience and keep you on the edge of maintaining and securing critical defense networks and systems? Want to take your information systems experience and lead teams that build, maintain, protect privacy and ensure security for our national defense?
We are now seeking a Network Engineer - Mid for an exciting opportunity in Norfolk, VA.
This role will leverage processes, utilizing ITIL best practices, to ensure the IT organization designs, deploys and sustains high quality, highly available solutions that align with business and IT strategic objectives.
- Network Engineer with a minimum of 7 years of experience which includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as Cisco routers & switches, associated software tools, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Exposure to VPNs, WAN Accelerators, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) desired.
- Experience with secure networks, specifically Intel Community standards a plus. Knowledge of GigE, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, and TCP/IP protocols is necessary.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing software such as (HP Service Manager) and networking monitoring/management solutions (HP NNMi/iSPI, HP OM, and HP NA) a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working while WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Preferred