The Software Engineer will design, develop, test, document and implement technical applications and application enhancements to the company’s internal systems, such as Benchmarking report system for RF test drive data. Because each client may use a different type of wireless communication protocol (e.g. LTE, HSPA, UMTS, GSM, 1xEVDO, CDMA) the software tools must be customized to each wireless networking provider’s needs and specifications.
In close coordination with the RF Engineering team, the Software Engineer is responsible for implementing the means by which to measure network carrier performance, and developing and testing these applications using C#, VB.NET, console applications, SQL Server etc. In addition, he/she interacts with other company departments to troubleshoot and provide solutions to technical problems.
Primary duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Design, develop, test, document and implement technical applications and application enhancement to the company internal system.
- Customize software tools for each wireless networking provider’s needs and specifications. Utilizing wireless communications protocols such as: LTE, HSPA, UMTS, GSM, 1XEVDO, CDMA
- Works closely with the RF Engineering team to implement the means by which to measure network carrier performance, and developing and testing these applications using SQL Server.
- Assists other departments to troubleshoot and provide solutions to technical problems
Software Engineer with expereince in RF, .net, wireless
For over 20 years, our client has been the leading independent benchmarking solutions vendor for the wireless industry.
Great area, just outside DC
Their experts have driven millions of miles across thousands of markets to drive tests and provide unique benchmarking solutions to some of the largest wireless carriers and equipment manufacturers worldwide.
They offer unmatched solutions for network benchmarking, analysis and testing.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional, software experience required.
- Excellent knowledge of VB.NET, VBA, C#, and SQL.
- Preferred knowledge of CDMA, GSM, UMTS, HSPA, 1xEVDO
- Required knowledge of .NET
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency when needed.
Must be willing to comply with the company drug testing policy.