New Ulm, MN
Our client is looking to add a Safety Assistant to their New Ulm, MN facility. This Safety Assistant will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing data such as safety inspections, exposure level testing, injuries and safety incentive programs along with assisting with training and orientation sessions.
- Perform safety audits and inspections as directed by the Director and/or Safety Manager.
- Promote and ensure health and wellness through education and training.
- Educate and communicate safety to employees through group meetings, conferences and orientations.
- Follow safety policies (OSHA, DOT, and DEQ) to enforce safe work practices.
- Participate on plant teams as a leader, action item owner, meeting scribe as needed or assigned.
- Safety audits and training.
- 2+ years of general safety, HR or business related experience.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR/AED/OSHA or First Responder preferred.
- Must be able to travel to other locations to perform safety audits.
- Able to work independently, establish priorities and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Paid personal time
Safety Assistant, OSHA, DOT, DEQ, First Aid, CPR, AED, First Responder, food manufacturing, safety