Lead Product Design Engineer
The Product Design Engineer will lead the design and development of product specification in 3D, Layout, detail and assembly drawing in compliance with project expectations and deadlines.
- Provides employee training and technical supervision. Organizes, delegates (assesses team members and delegates tasks to capable individuals with follow up and mentorship for less experienced members) and monitors tasks given to engineers and designers. Provides feedback to Engineering Manager on performance of engineers and designers.
- Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower and cost estimates and develops engineering criteria.
- Performs analysis to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Leads interaction with other functions and internal or external customer requirements.
- Develops and defines product specifications and performance requirements to determine product design.
- Provides technical information concerning materials, properties and performance that affect product engineering planning.
- Evaluates proposed product modification proposals for feasibility by conferring with supporting departments.
- Plans and formulates engineering projects based on cost and time target requirements.
- Prepares or supervises the development of bill of materials and associated part and tool cost for assigned projects.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications; directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product and assembly; plans and develops experimental test programs and then analyzes and uses the test data to drive appropriate changes.
- Coordinates activities for implementation of approved engineering changes.
- Directs the use and analyzes the results of computer assisted engineering and design software (Creo) and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering Technical or Scientific discipline.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in product design (plastic parts).
- Experience with Plastic Product Design.
- Knowledge of CAD, Pro-E.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) preferred.
- Project Management Skills.
- Ability to supervise others.