Materials Supervisor – Columbus, OH
The Materials Supervisor oversees activities related to the purchase of material, material control, and inventory control and is the backup for shipping/receiving and stores functions. Materials Supervisor will support the Shipping Supervisors, Material Handlers, and Material Transfer Drivers by providing guidance and tools they need in order to be safe and productive.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems.
- Ensures materials are ordered and in stock to meet company requirements, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
- Coordinates with the material scheduler and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering.
- Reviews and plans requirements for purchasing materials. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Administers the accurate recording of inventory transactions by associates as well as creation of documents related to receipts and shipments.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the mission in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Directs the Material Transfer Drivers
- Oversees the rotation and documentation of inventories maintaining accuracy and FIFO (First In, First Out) in on- and off-site warehouse storage areas.
- Associates degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Management
- 5 years of progressive supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Previous experience with an ERP system required.