To lead, plan, direct, and control the finance and accounting functions to create a solid control environment. Key member of the site management team providing business support and strategic direction.
- Business Control / Accounting
- Ensure that the Plants’ financial statements fairly reflect the performance and position of the business.
- Evaluate existing control process. Identify weaknesses of current control environment and develop additional controls as necessary.
- Ensure that the financial control processes are appropriate, effective, and consistent.
- Ensure that financial control processes are properly documented and comply with all requirements of the corporate accounting policy.
- Further development of balance sheet review and account analysis to ensure adequate segregation of duties between preparation and approval.
- Lead efforts to standardize accounting processes and implement best practices.
- Manage the plants’ relationship with external auditors and group accounting.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to external audit.
- Manage monthly closing process to ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Manage accounts payable, payroll, and cost accounting processes.
- Improve accounting processes and controls in the following areas:
- Inventory control and perpetual inventory record management
- Sales and use tax reporting
- Procurement process utilizing purchase orders and 3-way match
- Fixed asset sub-ledger maintenance and personal property tax reporting
- Business Support
- Partner with management team to develop daily/weekly/monthly performance reporting system that provides actionable data and eliminates duplicate efforts between different departments.
- Prepare monthly balanced scorecard and prepare commentary of results, gaps, and corrective action plans.
- Identify financial/operational issues and identify solutions.
- Attend and help lead operational review meetings.
- Develop the cost accounting system to provide consistent, accurate, and reliable product costs to support business decisions.
- Drive performance improvement through use of key performance indicators.
- Strategic Partnership
- Successfully develop business control and support processes to achieve the vision that at least 50% of Controller’s time is dedicated towards strategic partnership activities.
- Active contributor to the development of the business strategic plans.
- Manage the bid process for all requested products to be quoted.
- Partner with Division Controller to ensure financial commitments are achieved.
- Manage preparation of periodic forecasts and annual budget.
- Provide strategic analysis to stimulate strategic actions.
- Prepare capital investment proposals and provide post-audits investments.
- Identify risks and opportunities to forecasts and budget.
- Organizational Development
- Lead, plan, and direct the activities of direct reports.
- Identify and implement changes required in people, processes, and systems to achieve the vision.
- Develop and leverage the Finance organization to increase value-added to operations.
- Develop the Finance succession plan.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This role is responsible for financial controlling activities of the specified manufacturing facility. Controller will manage the local accounting team. Ensure financial commitments are achieved and that Company assets are utilized appropriately and effectively.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal contacts include all plant management and personnel, group accounting, counterparts from other Company plants, Sales organization, and other internal contacts as necessary.
External contacts include, but may not be limited to external auditors, state and local tax authorities, suppliers, contractors, and business consultants.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, and/or MBA preferable.
- In-depth understanding of costing systems
- Minimum of 3 years controller experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing and developing a strong finance team
- Proven track record in driving performance improvement.
- Strong excel skills.
- Manufacturing/Automotive experience preferred.