ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervises the daily activities of the team including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training.
- Responsible for ensuring overall compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, FATCA, and other AML regulations, and reviews all regulatory requirements. Ensures Bank’s Enterprise AML Program aligns with OCC and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops, implements, oversees, and reports on Enterprise AML processes, tools, policies, standards, and procedures ensuring alignment with the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Framework program.
- Carries out responsibilities by promoting a risk-aware culture, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices, identifying issues, determining root cause and taking corrective action through staff training, process or system enhancements.
- Ensures that resources and infrastructure are adequate to support the Enterprise AML Program; conveys the Bank’s needs and objectives, and ensures necessary controls are in place and working as designed.
- Works with the OCC and internal auditors providing schedules, analysis and answering questions.
- Leads and mentors the Financial Intelligence Unit Analysts to perform transaction monitoring, case investigations, OFAC screening, Suspicious Incident Reporting referrals and follow-up, and SAR filings as necessary.
- Understanding of complex transactional patterns of activity such as potential pyramid/Ponzi schemes, Trade-Based Money Laundering, Casa de Cambios, human trafficking, and elder financial abuse.
- Conducts quality control review on case investigations to ensure staff follows established policies and procedures, and execute deliverables within expected timeframes.
- Conducts site visits at customer sites to evaluate operations against procedures and provide recommendations to the Bank and customers for improvements.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, managing and the deployment of large complex system integrations and implementations to increase efficiencies with regard to AML operations.
- Establishes system implementation project teams, ensures alignment with business requirements throughout project lifecycle and assumes overall accountability for the planning and execution of deployed solutions.
- Proactively tracks progress for each system implementation/integration and mitigates risk; provides oversight of implementation vendor and internal resources needed to meet timelines and budget.
- Plans and executes effective change management programs with regard to systems implementation/enhancement to ensure business acceptance and user effectiveness with the solutions delivered.
VP, Manager FIU Investigations - Responsible for the development, implementation, oversight, and reporting on the Bank’s Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program and Financial Intelligence Unit. Ensures that established Enterprise AML processes and controls are adhered to with regard to investigations, USA PATRIOT Act information requests and disclosures, Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR), post-SAR monitoring, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list screening, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), and deposit and electronic fraud monitoring. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Thorough understanding of the regulatory environment affecting financial institutions and applicable regulations impacting financial crimes and fraud prevention, including FATCA compliance and foreign jurisdictions.
- Advanced knowledge of BSA, USAPA, Title 31 Code Federal Regulations Chapter X regulations and requirements, and OFAC Sanctions and experience in Sanctions investigations, for various customer types.
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency with Actimize, Verafin, or other industry related transactional monitoring and case management system.
- Effective planning, organizational, time management, issue resolution, and decision-making skills.
- Strong relationship development and leadership skills.
- Solid presentation and reporting skills of in-house tools and databases; heavy understanding within Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, etc.).
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio, and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate to achieve objectives and influence others, build teams and communicate effectively with Senior Management.
- Ability to assess processes (including process mapping), identify and drive improvement execution, and have relationship management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to monitor new regulatory guidance/pronouncements that may directly or indirectly affect the department and recommend and/or implement any necessary changes to maintain compliance with the new law, rule, or regulation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the immediate work unit and cross-functional departments.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in a related role handling investigations in the banking and/or financial services industry.
- Five (5) or more years’ managerial experience, including two (2) or more years managing or overseeing an FIU.
- Knowledge of International Banking as well as various non-retail banking products and services including; deposit, investment, treasury and cash management, equipment lending, commercial real estate, lending, and credit products, foreign currency exchange, or other financial instruments
- Project management execution and integration background; scoping, planning and managing of system implementation initiatives.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification required; Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) a plus.
- Current Driver’s License and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities