ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; Responsible for the overall direction, motivation, coordination and evaluation of functionalities within the EDD Investigations Unit.
2. Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
3. Prepares for internal audit reviews as well as regulatory examinations, and is responsible for addressing any audit deficiencies or regulatory examination corrective actions.
4. Provides metrics to BSA/AML Officer for management reporting.
5. Develops, recommends and implements processes and controls to ensure compliance with AML rules and regulations.
6. Leads a team of Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) Investigators who conduct new and/or periodic reviews of high risk customers.
7. Responsible for maintaining the Bank’s High Risk Customer List, High Risk Customer Methodology, and managing the periodic review process.
8. Conduct quality control reviews on the EDD reviews completed by the investigators. Escalate any customers that are identified to be outside the Bank’s risk tolerance to the BSA/AML Officer.
9. Responsible for delivering subject matter expertise for the EDD Investigations team based on strong process, communication and adherence to the procedures of AML compliance functions.
10. Interacts with peers, all levels of management and other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative and intelligence matters.
11. Escalates any suspicious findings resulting from an EDD Investigation to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Investigations Manager.
12. Ensures required regulatory reporting of Currency Transaction Reports and Designation of Exempt Person forms are filed in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner.
13. Manages the BSA recommended account closures process.
Responsible for providing technical regulatory guidance on complex Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), and Customer Risk Rating (CRR) subjects for the bank. Additionally, the individual will provide managerial leadership and subject matter expertise on CDD/EDD and Customer Risk, supporting the BSA/AML Officer to ensure BSA/AML compliance. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank meets both regulatory and internal Enhanced Due Diligence Requirements and manages the team assigned to conduct Enhanced Due Diligence reviews on high risk customers. Partner with stakeholders within the BSA Department and the lines of business to facilitate feedback on efforts related to process improvement, program enhancements, and continuing customer due diligence processes and controls within the bank. Assists the BSA/AML Officer with maintaining the Bank’s High Risk Customer Methodology and related EDD Governance. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal
regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z
(Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage
Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank
Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer
Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment
Demonstrates basic knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOUT Act (USAPA), and Title 31 Code Federal
Regulations Chapter X regulations and requirements.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of production analysis and report writing environments.
Demonstrates good understanding of KYC, CIP, CDD, EDD, PEP, OFAC requirements, policies, procedures and
practices for various client types.
Advanced knowledge of BSA/AML regulations, requirements, research techniques, and tools.
Knowledge of various non-retail banking products and services including; deposit, investment, treasury and cash
management, equipment lending, commercial real estate, lending, and credit products, or other financial
Familiarity with specialized financial services industry related systems and applications required.
Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Seven years related banking experience of which 3 must be in a supervisory capacity.
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification, Certified
Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS), or other applicable industry designation preferred.