We are looking for a Strategic Procurement Specialist (Supply Chain) who will work closely with suppliers (and some with engineering procurement, commodity mgt, corporate procurement, mfg). Will focus heavier on contract negotiations, MSA’s, design to cost, operational performance targets (new products), supplier issues, and complex project management. (We also have a job opening for a senior procurement engineer who will work with NPD internal teams coordinating across R&D, mfg, etc).
This role works with a fast-paced team, directly interfacing with suppliers and internal teams (engineering procurement, commodity mgt, procurement, mfg).
Strategic Procurement Specialist (Level 4)
Relocation paid: Northern New Jersey (Hackettstown NJ Area)
Competitive pay, bonus, 401k 6%, 4 weeks vacation, great benefits
This immediate opening is with a multi-billion-dollar global leader of medical instruments & technology (imaging, diagnostics, healthcare IT), an organization dedicated to ongoing success by hiring top talent, investing in R&D, and commitment to engineering excellence for over 100+ years..
- Bachelor’s Degree required & 5-15+ years’ experience in supply chain, procurement, purchasing
- Must have knowledge of a regulated industry (medical, aerospace, automotive, etc)
- Must be strong in project management, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in contract negotiations and worked with Master Supply Agreements
- Able to ensure a smooth transition of suppliers/purchased material from engineering procurement to site procurement.
- Strong in design-to-cost and operational performance targets for a major new product.
- Able to play a significant role in identifying supplier transfer opportunities
- Lead/participate in quoting, negotiating and getting internal approvals for the transfer.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve difficult issues.
- Proven leadership and “take charge” capabilities.
- Ability to understand and influence a variety of people.
- Prior experience working with SAP a plus.
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Power Point) a plus