Love your job!
Exceptional salary, benefits, and relocation assistance all available!
The R&D Manager will
support multiple initiatives in the client’s Technology organization – research, Intellectual Property, product development, technical support to manufacturing and technical service to customers - covering multiple markets (Adhesives, Tires, Construction and Agriculture)
technically support product concepts and initiatives identified by Business Development with heavy focus on rosin and rosin based derivatives, hydrogenated rosins and esters of rosin.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the chemical industry, preferably with product and/or applications development in the specialty chemicals area of thermoplastic resins.
- Experience in syntheses and analyses/evaluation of specialty organic chemicals (e.g. polymers, resins) is preferred.
- Experience in formulating and evaluating corresponding end products (e.g. adhesives, inks, coatings, personal care products, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience scaling up products on pilot scale/production scale is desirable.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills, computer proficiency, and documentation skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, pro-active and results-oriented; ability to multi-task.
- Having a good sense for priority setting and time management.
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision; ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to all Health, Safety, and Environmental principles and initiatives.